SAFETY FIRST: Vee-Jay's Highest Priority
A “Safety First” mentality is an ongoing commitment at Vee-Jay. We believe a company's culture and an employee’s attitude are crucial building blocks in developing this mentality. We are confident that the safety culture that our employees are subjected to, along with their great attitudes, is key in creating an overwhelmingly safe work atmosphere. Our employee's safety is paramount!
It is our goal to ensure that each worker is in a safe work environment and has what is needed to work safely each day. It is our company's goal to have "Zero Accidents" on all projects. We are working toward this goal through continuous training, education, along with compliance with the latest safety standards and procedures.
Being an Industry Leader in Safety is of utmost importance at Vee-Jay. The continual growth and prosperity of our company depends heavily on our sincere and honest commitment to Safety. This is a "top down" mentality, from the Owners to each employee. For this reason, the safety of every project is an integral part of the bidding, planning, and construction processes.
Safety education plays a vital role in providing a safe work environment. At Vee-Jay, we recognize the importance to commit to safety at all levels. Our employees receive thorough training, which ensures our jobs are completed in the safest way possible.
Our safety program includes some of the following:
- 10-Hour OSHA Training for ALL employees
- 30-Hour OSHA Training for field supervision
- Safety Orientations
- Bi-Annual Safety Meetings with all employees
- Daily Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Worksite Inspections
- Designated safety representative for each project
- Safety Classes - OSHA, First Aid, CPR, Rigging, Hand Signals
- Weekly “Tool Box” safety talks performed by designated project safety representative.
- Fleet Safety Program
- Safety & Health Manual
- Project Specific Safety Plans
- St. Louis AGC, OSHA Partnership Program
- Associate Member of Voluntary Protection Program Participants Association (VPPPA)
- AGC, Executive Safety Committee
- AGC, Safety Forum
Safety takes time and commitment. This is why Vee-Jay employs two full time Safety Directors. Their responsibilities include; daily DOT inspections on all vehicles and jobsite equipment, daily jobsite inspections, ensuring all projects have the job specific safety equipment, supplying PPE for every worker, writing Job Specific Safety Programs, scheduling and teaching safety classes and refreshers, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: Dan Boyd at (314) 775-8829.